Have any of you ever been to a work conference to find that you’re having more fun that you feel you should be having at a work conference? That’s how Miranda and I felt last week at Imaging USA in Phoenix, Arizona. We spent 4 days nerding-out to the latest and greatest photography gadgets (my fav that I came home with is this trusty little white balance tool), listening to the countries leading photographers, purchasing some of the sweetest little props for our newborn baby portrait studio, being inspired beyond belief … oh, and maybe enjoying a cocktail or 2 at the opening party hosted by WHCC.
Some 3 moments from our photography conference that was too much fun:
- meeting some of our all-time photography heros, Sarah Petty (and Erin), Laura Winslow, and Joy Vertz – who helped make my business what it is today. (If you’re a photographer and need help with your numbers, be sure to check out Joy Vertz’s Pricing for Profit class – professional photographers click on the link for a discount code and freebie video – you won’t regret it).
- choosing new studio packaging (have I mentioned that I’m a total paper addict?!)
- finalizing our new Signature Albums that we’ll be offering this year (linen and leather? yes please!)
- listening to Gary Hughes discuss SEO (search engine optimization) for photographers (yes, I know, I’m an über nerd)
- seeing Julie Klaasmeyer do a live photography demo showing how she photographs toddlers in her all window-light studio
- listening to Kenny Rogers (yes, the gambler) speak about “places I’ve been, things I’ve seen” (if you are not familiar with Kenny Roger’s photography work, I highly suggest checking it out.