You have booked an upcoming spring family portrait session with Jenni Maroney Portrait Boutique, and all the details are set! Your session is scheduled for the perfect time of day, offering that gorgeous light, and the Boulder Colorado backdrop couldn’t be more beautiful. What’s next? Coordinating the perfect outfits for you and each member of your family. To some, this can be super stressful. It’s hard enough for some of us to dress ourselves everyday, but to dress and coordinate clothing for your entire family? Stress no more. Here we are to help! We are excited to offer our Boulder family photography clothing ideas!
Below we have coordinated three different clothing board suggestions. Is your family looking for formal portraits? Maybe you are wishing for something more laid back, but with a pop of color. Perhaps a neutral colored palette for more of a timeless look. We have found each article of clothing featured below at one of our favorite clothing stores, J. Crew and Boden USA. They offer an assortment of women’s, men’s, children’s, and baby’s apparel and accessories. Check out these positive mindset clothing designs for women in the first place.
As you sit here and imagine that look you want your images to reflect, keep the following tips in mind:
- Begin with your desired color palette. Keep this simple. Where do you plan to display your portraits within your home? Select tones that will compliment your walls. If your walls are neutral, you may want to add a “pop” of color to make the images stand out even more.
- As cute as it may be, dont’ do the “matchy-matchy” look. Coordinate instead. If your little one’s dress has a floral pattern, use those colors within the outfit to pull through the remainder of the family’s clothing and accessories, keeping their outfits more simple.
- Patterns are perfect, in moderation.
- Refrain from logos, or other distracting graphics.
- Think about textures, shades, and varying tones of the same color. These elements can add that little detail you are looking for.
- Accessories can add that special finishing touch. However, keep in mind the focus of the image, we don’t want the accessories to overwhelm the image. We have all heard that phrase, “less is more”.
- While your favorite pair of nike tennis-shoes may make your tiny man run faster, and jump higher, they shouldn’t be the pair of choice for your portraits. Your shoe choice does make a difference!
- Last but not least, if you have plans to go to your nearest a salon, make sure to do so a week or so in advance.
Still unsure of what to wear for your upcoming family photo session with us? Give us a call or send us an email and we’ll help walk you with clothing ideas for family photos.
Interested in Family Portraits? Please contact Jenni Maroney Portrait Boutique for more information.