Does the thought of choosing outfits for family photos give you the hives? Or worse, stop you from booking them year after year? Don’t let the clothing choices discourage you. It’s not that bad when you know what to look for. Follow these simple tips and take the headache out of choosing outfits for family photos:
- Choose your family photo outfits at least 2 weeks prior to your family photo session to be sure everything is clean, wrinkle-free, and still fits everyone properly. This includes shoes!
- Before hitting the mall, go through your closets first. Chances are, you already have (almost) everything you need.
- Layout your clothing choices on a large bed or clean floor space checking to be sure every outfit compliments the next and that no one stands out more than the other.
- Avoid dressing everyone in identical outfits for your upcoming family photo session (think matching reindeer sweaters or jeans and white button-downs for everyone).
- Layers work great for fall family photos! Think scarves, vests, jeans, boots, skirts/dresses with tights, collared-shirts under sweaters, etc.
- Patterns are ok if used wisely. Dressing all of the boys in the family in identical plaid button-down shirts won’t work well in your family photo. However, dressing dad in a nice plaid shirt and your son in a different, but complimenting plaid shirt will. Having your daughter in a solid dress in a blue from the plaid and yourself in a cute sweater accessorized with a nice blue scarf can really pull the whole photo together.
- Shoes!! Seriously, don’t spend hours choosing the perfect outfits for family photos and then show up wearing gym sneakers. Your footwear will be in the photo. Dress everyone from head to toe.
- Don’t forget about yourself. If you have time, schedule a manicure the day before or have your hair appointment that morning. When you feel good, you look good.
Still struggling with choosing outfits for family photos? Take a peek at these simple clothing suggestion guides we have put together for our upcoming family photos. Call us if you’re still undecided and need a little extra help. Choosing outfits for family photos doesn’t have to give you the hives.